Start a blog... done!
Starting a blog has been on my to-do list for years. Like many things in life, it became something I put off. Well, no more!
My own Guidelines
This is my first proper blog post, and I’m using it to set out some guidelines for myself: a post I can refer back to; a post to remind me why I started blogging in the first place.
- Write about things that interest me, including (but certainly not limited to): web development, web design, design in general, technology, food, Apple and Tesla.
- Write about running a small business in the UK.
- Write about client- and personal projects.
- Write frequently, but not to a defined schedule. I had considered “forcing myself” to write weekly for a while, but this would only lead to me getting disheartened when I didn’t stick to it.
- Write as-and-when I have something to say. No long-term agenda. No word counts.
- From time-to-time write things that might be useful to others, especially to the web development/design community. I have benefited a great deal from this community, and I hope to pay that back.
I will not...
- Write about politics. I never have, and I never will.
- Write negatively. There is too much negativity in the world at the moment; I don’t need to add to it.
- Get disheartened if I don’t write for a few weeks/months.
My name is David Hughes, and I am a freelance website designer and Squarespace specialist.